Sunday, November 25, 2012

organise the shit outta your life

I'm on an organising jag. Not out of place in blog land at all but sigh- so actually overwhelming in real life. I'm reading a million books, blogs and addicted to pinterest which makes it all look fun, cute, and um, expensive! ( matching storage solutions surely don't come cheap). I love the books that encourage me to monetise my organising ( or should that be moneyise? ) whatev's a garage sale, gumtree, ebay - make cash for those new matching baskets...but so far I am finding that the pile of growing sellables is looking more like a pile of 'I just can't be fucked, op shop instead' . I've just about finished clearing out my wardrobe. As is typical of me I still own many frocks that don't fit me and I will never wear but as any good organiser worth their salt will tell you you have to "love it" and I actually do love some of them too much to part with - either that or a cbf trying to find them a home they deserve ( see above). Interestingly I did manage to pull out about 5 garbage bags full of other stuff that did not meet the love it/use it category. Also I happened to find the most ginormous spider behind my bag/spare towel storage on the top shelf. This has caused an organising dilemma...ok, that is an exaggeration. What it has caused is me to slow down ( avoid) going into the wardrobe. I think this is a positive. Now that the space is 'organised' I will never use it again and therefore it will be allowed to stay in pristine condition giving me years of joy. So what if I have to wear these tracksuit pants (already stained) and t-shirt for the rest of my days...I did mention it was a HUGE spider!!

1 comment:

  1. Hm why are my enters not showing up in the blog post. Does this mean I need to learn HTML. Or by a blogging for dummies book. Oh the shame!

    ReplyDelete